A Freestyle Ski Program for Athletes Aged 8+
CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: LEARN TO TRAIN
Skiers acquire more advanced skiing skills and learn a variety of tricks and spins. Coaches are trained through the NCCP certified SUPERCOACH courses to develop skills in:
- Slopestyle/Terrain Park
Coaches plan their season to create optimal skill progression and to prepare for club and provincial competitions. Athletes and coaches use the Freestylerz Goal book to plan to accomplish personal skills and goals. Athletes who master all of the skills in the Goal Book are prepared to succeed in national level events in the future. Coaches will create a Freestylerz report and training recommendations for skiers at the end of the season.
** Freestylerz athletes from last season
Prior to enrollment, discuss the potential for switching to the Competition Development Team with Coach Curtis Sinton**
- Program fee: $1,200 per athlete
- Seeding money: $500 per athlete
- Covers coaching costs for out of town club comps.
- Does not cover event registration fees for athletes.
- Once seeding money is depleted, any additional camps or comps will require additional fees. This will be communicated prior to the camp or competition to families and be dependent on location and number of athletes
- Canyon Ski Resort Lift Ticket per session
- Freestyle Alberta membership (mandatory)
- Volunteer requirement of 15 hours/family
- $300 commitment cheque must be submitted at the start of season
- Cheque is shredded once commitment filled
- Assistance on course builds and Club competition
- Parents wanting to volunteer on the hill during training sessions will need to purchase a volunteer membership https://snowreg.com/#!/memberships/freestyle-ab-2023-2024-memberships
- Saturdays 10 am - 3 pm
- First session: end of November, depending on hill conditions at Canyon SKi Resort
- Wednesday 6 pm - 9 pm
Some athletes may want to participate in club comps taking place throughout the season at different ski hills. There are additional costs for these competitions, including registration fees, lift tickets and travel costs.
Competition schedule is expected to be released in late November at https://freestylealberta.ski/events/category/club-competition/.
Mountain camps are designed to help athletes gain more skills skiing a variety of terrain. In addition, these camps serve as a great way for athletes to train and families to enjoy a ski holiday. Families can meet each other and bond as a community.
- December Kickoff Camp (Freestylerz & Competition Development Team)
- March Madness End of Season Camp (Whole Club Wrap Up Activity)
- May Camps (SSV Freestylerz & Competition Development Team) at Sunshine Village
- Spring Ski passes can be purchased closer to spring at Sunshine Village.