CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: LEARN TO TRAIN
8 – 13+
Skiers acquire more advanced skiing skills and learn a variety of tricks and spins. Coaches are trained through the NCCP certified SUPERCOACH courses to develop skills in Slopestyle/Terrain Park * Tramp/Acrobatics * Moguls * Skiing * and Fitness*.
Coaches plan their season to create optimal skill progression and to prepare for club and provincial competitions. Athletes and coaches use the Freestylerz Goal book to plan to accomplish personal skills and goals. Athletes who master all of the skills in the Goal Book are prepared to succeed in national level events in the future. Coaches will create a Freestylerz report, and training recommendations for skiers at the end of the season.
- Season dates Dec 12th- March 27th( weather dependent)
- Schedule TBD and will be communicated mid November
- One to four Club Competitions available to attend, dates TBD
- Trips to COP in Calgary and mountain resorts will be looked at as well
Program Fees and Commitments
- Program fee = $1100 per athlete
- Canyon Ski Resort lift ticket per session - A season pass does pay for itself with our training sessions
- Volunteer requirements - Volunteer requirement of 10 hours/family ($600 commitment cheque required at the start of season and shredded once commitment filled)
- Assistance on course builds and Club competition
- CFSA (Canadian Freestyle Ski Association) Membership- $90
- Additional registration fees for any competitions your athlete registers in