For Athletes with experience & looking for progression and high performance training aged 12+
This team is a more intensive and immersive program directly focused on progressing to high performance training and provincial competitions.
Freestylerz athletes from last season
Prior to enrolment, discuss the potential for switching to the Competition Development Team with Coach Curtis Sinton.
New Atheletes to the program
Athletes new to CAFSC will complete an on snow trial to be accepted into this program.
**DO NOT register for this program before having a conversation with Coach Curtis Sinton.
- Program fee: $2,100 per athlete
- Seeding money: $800 per athlete
- Covers coach costs for out of provincial level comps and mountain camps.
- Individual seeding money not used by the end of the season will be returned evenly to all Competition Development Team athlete families.
- Does not cover athlete event registration fees or costs for mountain camps.
- Once seeding money is depleted, any additional camps or comps will require additional fees. This will be communicated prior to the camp or competition to families and be dependent on location and number of athletes
- Canyon Ski Resort Lift Ticket per session
- Freestyle Alberta membership (mandatory)
- Volunteer requirement of 15 hours/family
- $300 commitment cheque must be submitted at the start of season
- Cheque is shredded once commitment filled
- Assistance on course builds and Club competition
- Parents wanting to volunteer on the hill during training sessions will need to purchase a volunteer membership https://snowreg.com/#!/memberships/freestyle-ab-2023-2024-memberships
- Sessions start: Mid November (depending on hill conditions)
- Saturdays: 10 am - 3 pm
- Wednesdays: 6 - 9 pm
- Thursday’s: 5:30 - 8:30 pm
- Sundays: 9 am - 12 pm
Provincial Level Competitions
There are additional costs for these competitions, including registration fees, lift tickets and travel costs. Competition schedule is expected to be released in late November at https://freestylealberta.ski/events/category/provincial/
Mountain camps are designed to help athletes gain more skills skiing a variety of terrain. In addition, these camps serve as a great way for athletes to train and families to enjoy a ski holiday. Families can meet each other and bond as a community.
- December Kickoff Camp (Freestylerz & Competition Development Team)
- March Madness End of Season Camp (Whole Club Wrap Up Activity)
- May Camps (SSV Freestylerz & Competition Development Team)
- Spring Ski passes can be purchased closer to spring at Sunshine Village.