New for the 2022/2023 season, this team is a more intensive and immersive program directly focused on progressing to high performance training and provincial competitions.
2021/2022 season Freestylerz athletes: prior to enrolment, discuss the potential for switching to the Competition Development Team with Coach Curtis Sinton.
Athletes new to CAFSC will complete an on snow trial to be accepted into this program.
**DO NOT register for this program before having a conversation with Coach Curtis Sinton.Program Fees
- Program fee
- Seeding money
- New this season
- Covers coach costs for out of provincial level comps and mountain camps
- Individual seeding money not used by the end of the season will be returned
- Does not cover athlete event registration fees or costs for mountain camps
- Once seeding money is depleted, any additional camps or comps will require additional fees. This will be communicated prior to the camp or competition to families and be dependent on location and number of athletes
- Canyon Ski Resort Lift Ticket per session
- CFSA (Canadian Freestyle Ski Association) and Freestyle Alberta memberships
- Provincial athlete (if you purchase the club membership, you can upgrade later to the Provincial athlete membership)
- More information: www.cafsc.ca/registration
- Volunteer requirement of 15 hours/family
- $300 commitment cheque must be submitted at the start of season
- Cheque is shredded once commitment filled
- Assistance on course builds and Club competition
- Parents wanting to volunteer on the hill during training sessions will need to purchase a volunteer membership https://snowreg.com/#!/memberships/freestyle-ab-20212022-memberships
Provincial Level Comps
- Season dates
- Season will start in early to mid-December, weather dependent
- Exact schedule to be confirmed closer to the start of the season
- Some dates will be cancelled due to holidays, hill closures and competitions
There are additional costs for these competitions, including registration fees, lift tickets and travel costs. Competition schedule is expected to be released in late November at https://freestylealberta.ski/events/category/provincial/ Mountain Camps
Mountain camps are designed to help athletes gain more skills skiing a variety of terrain. In addition, these camps serve as a great way for athletes to train and families to enjoy a ski holiday. Families can meet each other and bond as a community.
- December Kickoff Camp (Freestylerz & Competition Development Team)
- March Madness End of Season Camp (Whole Club Wrap Up Activity)
- May Camps (SSV Freestylerz & Competition Development Team)